The college administration continues to monitor COVID-19 and all recommendations by our local, state and federal officials.
We are taking measures to keep our students and employees safe; therefore, students will remain on break through March 29, 2020. Supervisors will be reaching out to essential personnel to discuss work schedules during the extended break.
• All courses will resume on March 30th.
• At this time, all courses will be delivered online from March 30th – April 17th. (There are a few courses that will require an alternative delivery method. Students should check their emails and Canvas shells for specific instructions from their instructors.)
• Residence halls will remain closed through the extended break. Residence hall students should not return to campus at this time.
• A webpage for students, “Keep Learning,” will be available on Tuesday, March 24th. Students should check their college email and Canvas for specific guidance and communication regarding their classes throughout the extended break.
Faculty and Staff:
• Faculty should use the additional week of March 23rd – March 27th to prepare to transition their face-to-face courses to Canvas or an alternative delivery format. Faculty will receive a separate email directing them to the “Keep Teaching” webpage.
• Full-time employees will continue to be paid during the extended break.
• A webpage for employees, “Keep Working,” will be available on Tuesday, March 24th.
• Employees should be available and accessible during the extended break to perform duties that contribute to the continuity of business operations.
• All events sponsored by MGCCC will be suspended or postponed from March 17th through April 19th.
• External events hosted in MGCCC facilities from March 17th through April 19th will either be canceled or rescheduled for a later date.
• All spring competition, including practices and recruitment, have been canceled by the NJCAA.
• The next update will be posted Tuesday, March 24th.
Please continue to monitor the college website, your college email, and text messaging alerts for updates and information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your supervisor or other members of college administration.
Mary S. Graham, Ph.D.